2008년 1월 20일 일요일

Spent this weekend watching Canadian national

How was your weekend?
Now it's sunday night. I had to read some papers for the draft due to next Tuesday, but the plan turned out to be impossible when I was able to watch Canadian national figure championship.

There is a fourteen hour's difference between Korea and Vancouver. The men's short program on Friday started at 13:00 - it means that I had to watch the broadcast at 6:00 on Saturday. I did not sure my getting up early enough, and there were a lot of other problems. So I decided to stay up all night. It was nearly 9 o'clock when SP finished, but I could not sleep enough because I had a meeting at Saturday afternoon. I came home just before midnight, and again, I could not sleep. The men's free program would start at 04:30 A.M. I managed to watch the first and second group, but finally fell asleep watching the final group warming up. When I got up, it was Sunday 10:00 A.M., and the ice skating free dance just started.

I have fasinated by Patrick Chan's skating since I saw his movie skating at 07 Eric Bompard. He finished his SP in the second place. Except for the 3A, his performance was great. Chris Mabee
was also great(I still cannot understand his SP score; he deserved to more score enough for the second place), and Jeffrey Buttle was excellent - I wanted to see his skating his new short program "Pagliacci" without a miss, but he chose "Adios nonino".
And Free program... OMG. Patrick was perfect. I felt the similar emotion which I felt watching Yagudin's "Winter" for the first time. They both showed clean jumps, nice spins, powerful steps, and the most important of all; powers and passions fascinating audiences. It is too bad that this great performance was just for the national. I revived his FS for more than 20 times.




I want to tell Patrick like this: more than 100 Korean figure skating fans watched your performance by live(it was 6:00 A.M. in here!), and more than 10 times of them saw the recorded clips of yours today. Your FS charmed all of us as well as the Canadian audiences who gave you a standing ovation. You are worthy of the standing ovation!!

It takes too long time to write this extremely short text. I hope my writing skill get better soon.

p.s.
Do you know that the unofficial(but the first) Korean fan club of Patrick Chan is named "Chantastic"? It comes from Chan + fantastic. :D
This clip is a montage made by myself, to celebrate Patrick's 17th birthday(It was December 31st, 2007).

댓글 없음: